Thermo Vac Oil Purification Systems
Thermo-Vac System was built specifically to replace an aging centrifugal type system in the oil storage room at a major hydro-electric power house. The system was constructed with a custom footprint and component orientation so that it easily fits into the location where the old system was. This system has VFDs to control the process flow rate from 5 GPM up to 60 GPM and is designed to process dirty oil batches ranging in size from 5,000 to 20,000 gallons at a time. The system features an Allen Bradly control system and in-line laser particle counter to provide real time ISO 4406 Cleanliness Codes and moisture content information. It also has large capacity Absolute rated filters upstream and downstream of the vacuum dehydration process. This system features rotary screw oil pumps and welded stainless-steel piping. The system has all of the safeguards necessary for unattended operation and has an automatic start-up and shutdown sequence to ensure equipment reliability, safety and thermal protection of the treated oil.
Thermo-Vac Systems Uses – The Complete Solution for Oil Purification:
- These robust systems are designed to rapidly remove free, emulsified and dissolved water as well as dissolved gases, fine particles and varnish.
- They are used to greatly enhance the reliability of plant equipment by the removal of harmful moisture and particulates and are key in mitigating un-planned downtime
- These systems feature Absolute rated (BETA 1000 per ISO 16889) filters both upstream and downstream of the vacuum dehydration process.
- The Thermo-Vac family of systems are available in a wide range of sizes with process flow rates from 2.5 GPM to 100 GPM.
- These systems are designed to reach and maintain dryness levels to less than 20 PPM and ISO cleanliness codes of 13/10/8 or better are common.
- Thermo-Vac Systems are available with Optional Varnish Removal Sections.
- These systems include Laser Particle Counters that display real time ISO 4406 Cleanliness Codes and Moisture Content information.
- Thermo-Vac Systems are often supplied with options including specially designed on-board batch processing tanks.
- All our systems are offered in Class 1 Div 2 or Class 1 Div 1 (NEMA 7) Explosion Proof Electrical Classifications
- We provide design flexibility where custom features or footprint dimensions are required.
- Low watt density oil heaters for rapid oil heating without thermal damage
- Automatic operation: The controls of the system allow it to safely run unattended for long periods. Precise temp and vacuum settings and automatic start-up and shutdown sequences make this system safe and very easy to use. The Laser Particle Counter option allows the system to stop or transfer flow when target dryness and cleanliness have been achieved.
- Remote monitoring and control.
- Automatic foam detection and elimination.
- Phase reversing switch makes moving the system to various power connections easy.
- Thermo-Vac Systems are available with Varnish Removal Filters
- These systems are also available with oil condition monitoring options that give real time ISO 4406 cleanliness code and moisture content information.
- The Thermo-Vac Systems are often supplied with options including specially designed on-board batch processing tanks, coalescing vessels for rapid free water removal and adsorptive media vessels for acid removal.