Bandalong Boom System
VJ Engineering is the Authorized Agent of Bandalong International – Australia for the country of Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei.
VJ Engineering has been appointed as Bandalong International’s Authorized Representative / Agent for Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei, to market, sell, install and to provide after sales services for Bandalong products.
The Bandalong Boom System is installed across waterways, acting as a barrier to collect or deflect debris. The floating boom sections are coupled together and span across weirs, waterways or dams to capture litter and prevent it from escaping further downstream.
- Boom sections are manufactured from strong and durable polyethylene pipe.
- Sections can be coupled together to span across varying widths of waterways.
- Aluminium skirt sections can be fitted to prevent litter escaping under boom system.
- Couplings have security screws to help reduce vandalism.
- Rubber sleeves are used over our unique flexible universal joint to allow for movement between booms.
How it Works
Floating boom sections are coupled together to span across waterways. The boom sections are manufactured from exceptionally strong and durable polyethylene pipe. They are equipped with anti-vandal fittings and have a rubber sleeve over the joint to stop any litter escaping through the joint section. An aluminium mesh skirt under the bottom of the boom preventing any submerged litter or logs escaping.
The Bandalong system can be tailored to suit the individual requirements of your waterway management plan. Installation is quick and easy. Most components are pre-assembled offsite and installation can usually be completed within a day.
Substantial earthworks, construction and reinstatement works are not required therefore disruption to services is avoided. The chains and anchors required to hold the system in place can be located below ground.