Oil Leak System Spill Detection Systems & Alarm System
VJ Engineering is the Authorized Agent of InterOcean System LLC, – USA for the country of Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei.
VJ Engineering has been appointed as InterOceans’ Authorized Representative / Agent for Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei, selling and providing services for Slick Sleuth Oil Leak & Spill Detection Systems and Ocean Graphics & Environment Equipments.
Our Slick Sleuth Oil Spill Detectors are used in a wide variety of industrial and environmental applications for remotely detecting oil spills in real-time. Should a spill or leak occur,
the system provides instant detection and notification, enabling users to contain accidental spills and avert otherwise costly environmental damages, cleanup/mitigation expenses, fines, regulatory penalties, and public relations nightmares. The highly sensitive sensor detects small (micron-level) amounts of oil on calm water, moving water surfaces (outfalls, streams, harbors, offshore), as well as on solid/dry surfaces.
Slick Sleuth is designed and fabricated for deployment in rugged settings, including offshore, coastal, harbors, piers, inland waterways, industrial spillways, sumps and separators, retention ponds, and other environments where oil spills are of concern. Slick Sleuth Oil Detectors are conveniently mounted above the water, facilitating ease of installation and operation. This simple above water (non-contact) sampling method eliminates issues such as aquatic/marine bio-fouling or fouling due to oil, debris, or ice, making the system trouble free to operate and maintain.
The system consists of one or more sensor stations, strategically placed for greatest realization of cost-benefit and risk reduction, and for the earliest-possible detection in/around vulnerable operations and environmentally sensitive areas. Sensitivity is user adjustable for “zero tolerance” clean water applications, as well as for industrial sites where the presence of some oil might be expected, but early warning is still needed for ‘catastrophic’ spill events.
Sensors may be powered using available AC/DC power, or with a dedicated solar system for self-contained operation in remote settings. Alarm and data signal can be transmitted via hardwire or wireless transmission. In addition to remote notification, the detector is often coupled with an automated shut-off valve, pump switch, and local A/V alarm.
Below are the reason why Slick Sleuth is different:
- Real-Time Oil Spill Detection & Control
- Safeguard against Costly Leaks & Spills
- Cost Effective & Low Maintenance – Cost-Benefits for Facility Operators & Owner
- Automated Non-Contact Sensor Technology
- Optical (UV) Sensor Detects Hydrocarbon Spills – Self-Contained, Low Maintenance, Highly Sensitive Optical Sheen Detection
- Remote Oil Spill Alert – Remote Notification Around-the-Clock 24/7/365
- Regulatory Compliance – Certified in Accordance with US EPA Standards
Oil Spill & Leak Detection System Application Area:
- Power Generators & Distributor – Fossil Fuel Oil, Hydro-Electric, Nuclear, Remote Substations
- Offshore Industry – Platforms & Rigs, Marine Terminals, Loading & Transfer Buoys
- Industrial / Manufacturing – Steel & Aluminium, Pulp & Paper, Food Oils
- Transportation – Ports & Harbors, Marinas & Fuel Docks, Shipyards, Airports, Railways, Military
- Oil / Petrochemical – Oil Refineries & Blending Plants, Oil Production Facilities, Pipelines, Storage & Tank Farms
- Water Quality – Wastewater Treatment, Desalination & Intake Protection
- Environmental – Storm Water & Inland Waterways, Aquiculture & Fish Farms, Sensitive Wildlife Habitats
Early Warning Oil Spill Detection Capability for:
- Power plants
- Industrial spillways
- Sumps and separators
- Tanks and terminals
- Inland waterways
- Loading piers
- Ports and harbors
- Desalination plants
- Coastal and offshore
InterOcean’s customized environmental solutions can help remotely monitor and alert before potential environmental disasters happen.
Detect, prevent and control environmental disasters before they happen with InterOcean’s oil spill monitoring solutions. Along with oil spill monitoring, we also support universities, research agencies, municipalities, environmental agencies, and others doing environmental research by developing customized winch and cable handling solutions for water sampling, pollution and water quality monitoring, temperature monitoring and more. We can engineer and supply a system optimized for the application requirements and operating environment for any environmental project.
Checkout the available solutions below
- Application: Remote monitoring of discharge streams and storm water at oil production sites in hot, steamy, and pristine South American jungle environment.
- Description: Slick Sleuths used for remote real-time detection of crude oil on water. Data and real-time alerts are provided to local operators in addition to oil majors’ central control room. System array at this particular location has been in continuous operation for nearly 10 years.
- Application: Monitoring cooling water and storm water discharge at power plant outfall, the point at which facility discharges water to the river. At this location there is zero-tolerance for discharge of any oil, whether drips, leaks, spills or accidental releases. There are often large quantities of oil at power plants, primarily petroleum (fuel) oil and transformer oil. And all types of power plants tend to use oil, including gas-fired, coal-fired, oil-burning, hydro-electric, nuclear, sub-stations, and even solar.
- Description: Slick Sleuth with output to Central Control Room (CCR) via typical industrial outputs; dry contact relays and analog “4-20” current loop, for real-time reporting of status and detection alerts
- Application: Monitoring for oil in collection/settling ponds, prior to the municipal water entering lift-stations for onward discharge into a major river in the Pacific Northwest (US).
- Description: Slick Sleuths installed by US Army Corps of Engineers for remote detection upon presence of diesel, gas, motor oil, machine/gear/transmission oils, etc. Data and real-time alerts communicated via radio link.
Slick Sleuth Range of Products
- Slick Sleuth SS100 & SS100-EXd – The Slick Sleuth Models SS100 and SS100-EXd is used specifically for the tank farms, terminals, and other applications where the system detection range is less than 1 meter. The SS100 and SS100-EXd can detect oil on water and on dry ground as an example the SS100 and SS100-EXd can detect spills, slicks or sheens in tank dikes, sumps, oily water separators, mixing/dispatch points, loading racks, and storm water drainage & discharge points. Unit is packaged in robust, compact, flameproof industrial housing.
- Slick Sleuth SS300 – The Slick Sleuths SS300 is designed for oil leaks and spill detection at industrial sites such as: refineries, electrical generation, distribution sites, oil and fuel storage, transfer facilities, manufacturing plants, etc. Typical installation points include: over sumps, retention ponds, oil/water separators, intakes and discharge channels, inland waterways, coastal sites, and other environmentally sensitive sites. Mounting range can be up to 5-meters above the detection surface.
- Slick Sleuth SS320 – Extended Range – The Slick Sleuth SS320 is designed for applications requiring longer distance sensor-to-surface oil leak and spill detection such as on piers, over underground discharge channels, manhole access shafts, deep sumps and pits, on offshore structures and other similar installations. The SS320 provides extended operating range of up to 8-meters above detection surface.
- Slick Sleuth SS360 – Rig Guard – The Slick Sleuth SS360 – Rig Guard is designed for permanent installation and continuous operation on offshore drill rig and production platforms. The SS360 effectively operates in any sea-state and marine weather conditions. Mounting range can be up to 20-meters above sea-surface.
- Slick Sleuth SS300-EXd – The Slick Sleuth SS300-EXd provides oil leak and spill detection for installation in hazardous gas environments. The SS300-EXd incorporates the detection capabilities of the SS300 in a flameproof housing.
- Slick Guard Oil Detection Buoy – Slick Guard is a fully integrated environmental monitoring platform. The twin-hulled catamaran style buoy, built by InterOcean Systems, is a rugged and stable design providing an ideal solution for coastal and offshore spill detection wherever a floating monitoring station is required (for example desalination plants).
- Slick Sleuth Network Array with Base Station– Slick Sleuths can be configured in a multiple-station network array using the Slick Sleuth Base Station Computer and Software. In this system configuration the Base Station controls and monitors each Slick Sleuth via a serial data interface. The software allows the user to set the detection threshold for each detection station, adjust the sampling period and other parameters. Remote alarm notifications are sent to user-designated cell phones and computers.